How to become sponsored by SkimX?
Companies have one big point for sponsorship: advertising. It’s important to realize that as a sponsored rider you will become part of the face of the company you are riding for. When we hook one of our riders up with some gear, the idea is that the people around them are going to be influenced by them and go buy our products. These days the best way to do that is via the internet. The more videos, blog posts and social media posts you make, the more exposure the company will gain as a result of the sponsorship!
Still interested in being sponsored? Let’s cover the basics when trying to reach a company.
- Take a look at your competition. Go look at videos that our current team riders are putting out. Watch videos that are from other companies too. You think you can create media at the same or better quality? How does your riding ability compare?
- Build up a good Youtube or Vimeo channel. Having a good record of videos shows you can produce consistent media and shows your progression over time.
- Explain what separates you from the pack and makes you a better choice than the 50 other people that sent in an email the same day. If you’re not sure, then wait and figure it out before clicking send.
- Make sure to include your full name, hometown, age, and a link to your video channel. Any current or previous sponsors and if you have placed at any events, and what events you plan on attending in the near future. This is all information we need to learn more about you!
Here’s the starting point to become one of our team riders.
- Must be at least 13-years old
- Must be skimboarding for at least 2 years
- Must have at least 3 high-resolution photos of you skimboarding.
- Must have at least one high-quality edit of you skimboarding.
- Must partake in your local skimboarding community.
- Promote a positive lifestyle.
If you meet the above criteria please fill-out the form below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.